Authors Guild

I want to talk today about an organization all writers should join. At least that's the way I feel about Authors Guild. I've been a member for a long time. I even use their web services for my Joan Reeves.com.

What brought about this sudden urge to recommend them to you was a flyer I received about their fall programs. I was looking at it again yesterday and realized what a fantastic value they offer for the price of membership. Membership fees are based upon your earnings as an author with a minimum of $90.00 per year.

That may sound like a lot of money, but listen to this lineup of "phone-in" seminars and roundtables. For a member, each costs only $10.00. For nonmembers, they're $60.00.

The Author-Agent Relationship
Copyright in 30 Minutes: How & Why to Register
Publicity Roundtable: Pre & Post Publication
Tax Tips for Writers
Contract Negotiation

These phone-in seminars are given several times during the year, but this is just one of many benefits. Cruise on over to their website and find out if you're eligible for membership, and just what you can get as a member.

No comments:

Post a Comment