Build A Writer's Library

I was going to tell you about what I'm reading today, but it turns out I'm reading the latest Writers Digest Book Club catalog. I realized, upon rumination, that I've been a member of this book club for a very long time. In fact, I've been a member since before I was published. After publishing novels and selling just about every form of freelance writing, I'm still a member.

You may well ask why when I obviously know enough to write a publishable book and to successfully freelance for many years.

BOOKS, GLORIOUS BOOKS
I guess it's because, like most writers, the more I write, the more I realize I still have things to learn. So I still order books and eagerly look forward to reading another take on an old subject. That's on the how-to side of writing.

Then there are the specialty books for example A Writer's Guide To Poisons or Howdunnit. Specialty books are candy to a writer. You wouldn't believe some of the rather strange books a writer reads.

I highly recommend joining this book club if you are an aspiring writer. You pubs out there already know about it. I have stayed with the print catalog mailed to me each month because I like perusing it at my leisure.

I have to confess. Another reason I'm still a member is I really get a charge out of reading the blurbs for all these wonderful writing books.

These books are part of your Writer's Toolkit. They're an investment that will help you get to where you want to be in your career.

No comments:

Post a Comment