Clothes Make The Man - And The Cop

Writers are always exploring the most unusual subjects. When we find a good resource like L. A. Police Gear, we like to tell others.

You see, I've been working on a mystery. Originally, I planned it to be a series, but the story took an unexpected twist. Now, I'm thinking Big Book. A series would still be nice because I totally adore the hero and the heroine. She's a smart-mouthed, brainy broad - in the best sense of the word. He's an ex-big-city cop who wanted out of the homicidal rat race of L.A. crime so he chose a small town police chief job.

Of course, he's brought his big city ideas about how a police department should be staffed, outfitted, and run with him.

Now, how do I know what big city police departments like the one in Los Angeles really use for gear? I don't so I asked a local cop I know. He said check it out on the web. Duh! Of course.

What do you know? I found tactical gear from guns to clothes, boots, and so much more. Ask me how much a shoulder holster costs? I know that as well as what one actually looks like.

Takeaway Truth

Always strive for reality in your writing. If you're going to describe a cop's gun or gun holster or any gear then research. Know the brand name, what it looks like, how much it weighs, how much it costs. All that adds truth to your writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment