Writer's Digest: Great Resource

I'm a believer in education. Maybe it's because my grandfather always told me: "Learn something new every day." He practiced what he preached. He read a great deal and tried to learn a new word each day. So it's natural that I urge writers to always add to their skill set, to read widely, to study other writers, and to learn as much as they can about the business.

Dollar for dollar, Writer's Digest is probably one of the best resources a writer can tap into. You can get a free email newsletter with links to their website where you can find some great articles about the art, craft, and business of writing.

The latest issue landed in my Inbox this morning with a link to an interview with Sandra Brown from ThrillerFest 2008. Read on down and you'll see you can get the entire 2007 Writer's Digest magazine on CD-ROM for only $14.95. Now that's a bargain.

Subscribe to their free Writer's Digest Email Newsletter today.

Takeaway Truth

I offer the same kind of info on my website and here on Sling Words, but I think it's good to read how different writers present the same subject matter.

We're all different in our attitudes and personalities so it follows that we differ in our approach to learning. Something that may resonate with me might not ring your chimes at all yet something another might write on the same subject may make you slap your forehead and shout, "So that's how it's done."

No comments:

Post a Comment