No Trick: Book Club Closes

Halloween brings the end of the Writer's Digest Book Club. I can hardly believe they are shutting down. I've been a member of the book club since before I was published. I'm going to miss their monthly bulletins. Browsing the offerings each month was a fun ritual for me. I'm really going to miss getting a free book for every 4 books I bought, not to mention the free shipping if you paid for the book when you ordered it.

I guess the profit margin was a little too thin to keep doing that. On November 1, they'll reopen under the name Writer's Digest Book Shop. I guess we'll have to add them to our list of online book sellers.

If you too are a member of their soon to be defunct book club, they're offering you a free one year subscription to Writers Market.com. Just go there to register.

Takeaway Truth

Things change even though we sometimes wish they wouldn't.

2 comments:

  1. I was disappointed to see them close, especially since I was relatively new to the club. Sometimes I think I'm a jinx. So many things seem to disappear shortly after I find them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in fact delighted to glance at this webpage posts
    which contains tons of helpful data, thanks for
    providing such data. - russian books

    ReplyDelete