Travel Is Change

Quote for the Week

Miriam Beard said: Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.

Writing is a record of change - change in character and change in situation for example. Often, reading creates changes in the reader when concepts are embraced and assimilated.

So I consider traveling as another useful tool in the writer's tool kit. Writers use travel to add to their inventory of images of places and people; sounds of voices - languages, dialects, pronunciations - and music; smells of exotic foods; and so much more.

I'm traveling for the next few weeks. Arrangements have been made. The house sitter has reported for duty. Blank notebooks and pens have been packed along with the digital camera and my Alpha Smart.

Fear not that you'll miss my thoughtfully slung words while I'm gone. I've scheduled posts to magically appear each day on Sling Words. I may not reply instantly to any comments, but be patient. As soon as I have ready access to the Internet, I'll get back to you.

In the meantime, like I say on my website: Live fully...laugh often...love deeply. I'm off to ramble wherever my fancy, and my darling husband, takes me. See you in a couple of weeks.

Takeaway Truth

Getting away from the office is good for the body, the soul, and the writing muse.

No comments:

Post a Comment