Holiday #13: Alpha Smart

I've owned an AlphaSmart 3000 for years.

I've lugged it all over the country, piled books and papers on it, and generally abused it. It still works beautifully and, amazingly, on double AA batteries. I've never had it die on me or crash. It's so lightweight I can drop it into my purse and always have it ready for long hours spent in various waiting rooms or smaller segments of time when I'm waiting for my daughter to pick the shoes she wants. I don't kill time because, for me, time is money.

My Alpha powers down automatically if I forget to turn it off. A USB cable dumps what I wrote into my computer. In general, it's one of the best things I've ever bought so I highly recommend them as a perfect holiday gift for yourself or a loved one who writes.

Today, there's the NEO and the Dana which you'll find on the website. The prices are a bit higher than what I paid for my 3000 but still less than the cost of a standard laptop. Of course, they have more bells and whistles than my 3000.

If you're looking for a bargain, try eBay where you can find some older AlphaSmarts like mine as low as 66.00 and lower prices on the newer products too.

Takeaway Truth

How can you kill time without wounding infinity? (I didn't originate that. Do you know who did?)

No comments:

Post a Comment