Inspired By Nancy Drew

What do you think about the new Supreme Court nominee, Sonia Sotomayor? I told my husband that any woman inspired by Nancy Drew to do good couldn't be all bad.

Of course, time will tell whether she'll be approved. I like what she had to say in 1997: "I don't believe we should bend the Constitution under any circumstances. It says what it says. We should do honor to it." I like it because that's what I believe. I guess I would be a strict constructionist if I were on the judiciary.

Unfortunately, in later years, she seemed to speak in counterpoint to the above statement. Of course, everything I know about her is what I've read in the various media since her nomination, and we all know how that can be. I'll be following the nomination hearings with interest.

Takeaway Truth

Sometimes fiction inspires reality for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment