Morning Snafu


My quote of the day on my Google HomePage is from Douglas Adams who said: "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

How Omniscient

I walked into the study a few minutes ago and went to the windows to pull the curtains. In an instant the thing that can't go wrong, went wrong. To my utter amazement the curtain rod with curtain attached fell. It has been attached firmly to the wall for years, but, suddenly, it crashed down on my unsuspecting head.

Of course, it's one of those huge tall windows that requires an 8 ft. step ladder. It's not impossible to repair, but it is difficult to get at. Instead of writing this morning, the first morning I've had the leisure to do so, I'm putting on my Home Repair cap and getting the big step ladder and the tools. At least I am after I finish complaining. *g*

Takeaway Truth

Some days you should follow your inclination to just have coffee while watching the morning talking heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment