Comment Problem Solved

I must have failed to get the memo about this, but I managed to solve the problem after a bit of sleuthing. I intended to write about this last month when it happened, but my good intention fell through the cracks of my busy life.

In case you are suffering a problem with the Comment function on Blogger, I'll talk about it today.

Problem

A curious situation developed a month ago when anyone who tried to comment would see the Verification Code to type but the box in which to insert it was gone. I discovered that both of the recent Firefox and IE updates have new security features to protect your privacy. Unfortunately, they also protect you from anyone placing a comment on your blog if you have a particular Comment setting selected.

Blogger's Comments Settings

You can choose one of three for Comment Form Placement:

Full page
Pop-up window
Embedded below post
The embedded comment form can not be used if you have Post Pages disabled.


I have always used Embedded below post. Apparently that doesn't work with the updated browser versions.

Solution

Change setting to Pop-up window which works fine. I didn't try Full Page, but it probably works also.

Takeaway Truth

Why can't software updates list the critical problems one might incur because of new security features?

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear about this post. I have been trying to leave comments here and there and ummm gave up.

    Anyways, glad to hear that the comment problem has been fixed and glad that you are writing about relevant and interesting things.

    I look forward to each new post that you make.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ice. Nice to see you again. Glad the post explained things.

    ReplyDelete