I Got Rhythm; I Got Music

Let's talk Freeware. I first heard about today's website from Kim Komando a few months ago. I finally visited WildBits and found not only Tunatic, a software that helps you discover the title and artist of any song you've heard and want to identify but also three other softwares geared to the music minded.

Chained To Computer

Sure, there's a iPhone ap that does the same thing, but, if you're like me, you probably haven't plunked done major cash for an iPhone. This freeware is for you, especially if you spend a lot of hours in front of the computer. It's all for PC but free to try on Mac too since it's universal binary.

How It Works

Tunatic works this way: your radio plays a song you like, you hold your PC mic to the speaker. Almost instantly, Tunatic gives you the song info. How cool is that?

But Wait, There's More

The other freeware available at WildBits.com are: AccuBeatMix, a plugin for iTunes that matches and mixes; BPMer, a plugin that gives you automated BPM detection & export; and Ask the DJ, an automatic mix engine for parties.

Takeaway Truth

Free? They're playing my song.

No comments:

Post a Comment