America's Got Talent?

Well, I don't know if America's Got Talent, but I do know they have a boatload of people with inflated opinions of their talent. I'm probably coming late to this party because I just tuned in last night to the above mentioned reality show.

You may have seen this American Idol clone that features individuals and groups auditioning for a Vegas entertainment contract and all the hoopla that goes with that. Apparently, there are no restrictions of age or anything else to limit the contestants on this show.

The Cast

I guess you could call the judges and the host of the show the cast. The Ryan Seacrest wannabe is Nick Cannon of the movie Drumline. Judges are Piers Morgan, Sharon Osbourne, and Howie Mandel.

The Contestants

I watched 30 minutes of the show and saw contestants who had been found in the Texas round of auditions. These included an 18 year old boy from Alexandria, Louisiana, who had a fantastic voice. He sang and played the guitar, and he was good. Unfortunately, I didn't catch his name, but I did hear the name of the dog act made up of 9 rescue dogs that appeared next. The Mutley Crew was great, but, then, I'm partial to dogs.

Unfortunately, a scantily clad overweight woman who did an original burlesque dance, a band director who played turkey basters as musical instruments, an inferior magician, and a woman twirling flaming sabers followed.

Of all of those, the boy singer, the dog act, and the saber twirling woman got passed on to Vegas.

Takeaway Truth

Entertainment is like beauty; it's in the eye of the beholder.

No comments:

Post a Comment