Quotations

I've been publishing SlingWords since 2005. A few years into blogging, I started posting a Written Wisdom, usually on Sunday.

I've written well over 1,000 posts. Since 2008, 118 of these posts have been Written Wisdom, based on a wise or witty quotation.

Best of Written Wisdom

I decided to compile a "best of" from Written Wisdom using the SharedBook.com platform. This book of excerpts will be printed in softcover, and I'll give them as Christmas presents to certain family and friends who, I think, will appreciate them. (I may offer them for sale to anyone who wants one. I haven't decided yet whether I have the time to undertake that kind of retail project.)

No End In Sight

I'm not ending Written Wisdom. Indeed, I've updated the graphic that accompanies each post and plan to continue indefinitely.

Today, my theme is, appropriately, Quotations. I'm sharing what Quotation Anthologist Terri Guillemets, creator of the TheQuoteGarden.com, had to say about the subject: "Most collectors collect tangibles. As a quotation collector, I collect wisdom, life, invisible beauty, souls alive in ink."

Takeaway Truth

I'm also a collector of wisdom, life, invisible beauty, and souls -- all alive in ink, the old-fashioned liquid product and the new digital variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment