Judge a Book By Its Cover

Leslie Marshman of Houston Bay Area Romance Writers of America wants me to remind all of you authors – print and digitally published; royalty and indie published – that there's still time to enter the 2010 Judge A Book By Its Cover Contest.

They've had a flurry of entries this week, but they still have room for your lovely cover. Don't delay. The Deadline: Midnight CDT, January 15th. There's just a few days left so don't miss this opportunity.

What Popular Authors Think

Best-selling author Christie Craig was the 2008 JABBIC First Place Winner in the Single Title Category. Christie said: "Winning the JABBIC was not only a huge honor, it gave me a boost in sales. I actually got emails from booksellers letting me know they reordered my book after seeing the ad in the RWR. Another big perk of winning was the opportunity to honor my publisher, who does a fabulous job on covers. Thank you, Houston Bay Area RWA."

Romantic thriller author Colleen Thompson, 2007 First Place Winner in Romantic Suspense said: "After my book, Head On, won the JABBIC's romantic suspense category, I was pleasantly surprised by a renewed surge in interest in the novel. I'll definitely be entering again in the future."

PJ Mellor who had one of her book covers featured in a segment on Geraldo about erotica romance was the 2006 1st Place Winner in Single Title/Mainstream. She said: "Winning the 2006 JABBIC for The Cowboy was a thrill! I think the prize of being featured on the back cover of Romance Writers Report definitely helped sales, which resulted in my editor asking me to participate in another cowboy anthology."

USA Today best-selling author Robin T. Popp, 2005 JABBIC First Place Winner for Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Paranormal said: "I want to thank you and the chapter for the terrific ad in Romance Writers Report for the contest winners. Your one ad is probably doing more in the way of promoting my book than all my other efforts combined."

So there you have it. Truth right from the horses', uh, make that authors' mouths.

Entry Fee: $15.

Eligibility: Published in 2010.

Entry Format: Electronic files only: JPG or GIF.

Categories: Contemporary Series, Single Title/Mainstream, Historical, Romantic Suspense, Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Paranormal, Sexiest Cover.

Judges: Booksellers in North America, the United Kingdom, New Zealand and Australia.

Top Prize: Winners will be featured in a full-page color ad on the inside front cover of the April Romance Writers Report.

Visit Houston Bay Area Romance Writers of America or contact Leslie Marshman at: judgeabook at hbarwa dot com.

Takeaway Truth

Don't delay. Take advantage of the opportunity to get some solid exposure for your book and your name. Enter today.

No comments:

Post a Comment