3 Tips About Notes

I have a little app on my desktop that enables me to make notes instantly or to allow insertion of readily-available information like the keywords I usually use or short blurbs of my books.

All this info is where I can grab it, copy it, and paste into emails or forms without having to open some word processing software.

That's what today's Thursday3Some is about: useful little apps to help you deal with notes. These are for Windows. Read the documentation to see if they run on Mac.

They are free and, once downloaded, they just require a click of an icon in your tray or desktop, and they're ready to go. Here are 3 I use that I've tried. I use the first one mostly. I think it's great.

Flashnote

Flashnote is a quick notes manager that's small, user-friendly and convenient. Just click the icon, it pops open. Make a note, and it's saved automatically so you can close it when you're finished. You can organize notes. I have a Note for each of my ebook titles with pertinent info always available. Press the shortcut-key combination and a rough copy is on the screen in a flash of a second. Press ESC and the program hides. It's that simple, and it's free.

ClipDiary

This makes the best possible use of your clipboard history? With this app, you can easily get back anything that was once in the clipboard. Whenever you want, retrieve any data you once copied which means you can restore information that otherwise might be lost forever.

ClipDiary launches automatically at Windows startup and then stores in its database every piece of data that goes to the clipboard. It can log clipboard history and store data in various formats: plain text, RTF, HTML, images (BMP), etc. You can even make screenshots, and the app will save them. Free and easy to use.

Stickies

These are digital versions of the old yellow sticky notes. This PC utility is small and simple. It won't mess with your system files, or write to the registry. Stickies stores information in a single text-based ini file. They are yellow rectangular windows onto which you can put some text notes. Once created, they will stay on screen until you take them away. Just like a real sticky piece of paper.

Takeaway Truth

A little app can make a big difference in your effectiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment