Tired

This weekend I find myself exhausted. Physically and mentally exhausted. Last weekend started at the ER, and I think I'm still a bit drained from that experience.

It's been a rough summer. I still haven't recovered all my data from my old computer, and that, and other calamities have made me fall far behind on writing.

That means I've been trying to catch up, but, with writing, that's usually an exercise in futility. You can only produce what you can produce no matter how long you make yourself sit in the desk chair.

Writers seem to have an internal production quota that says: "That's it. You're only getting a page today so go away and quit bothering the Muse. She's not interested in adhering to your publishing schedule."

General George S. Patton said: "Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired--morning, noon, and night."

I think my body gave up today. I took a nap instead of writing. I think I'm going to start the week Monday with a trip to the chiropractor or the massage therapist--whoever has an opening.

Takeaway Truth

Sorry, General Patton, sometimes, the body just rebels when the mind keeps pushing it. Sometimes, you just need a nice long nap or a weekend of leisure.

No comments:

Post a Comment