Focus

When the family went home this weekend, I stayed up here at Rancho Reeves. I told my husband that I wasn't coming home until I had this next book ready to publish.

Bless his heart! He understood. That man of mine endures a lot just being married to me. I certainly wouldn't want to be married to an author. We tend to be driven and suffer from tunnel vision.

Since I don't like being away from him, I'm going to focus all my energy on getting this book finished. I've only written it 3 times already. Just not satisfied with it. So that's my first task in the morning: figure out what's wrong with it that keeps me from publishing it.

Focus

Motivational speaker and author Tony Robbins said, "Most people have no idea of the giant capacity we can immediately command when we focus all of our resources on mastering a single area of our lives."

Got it. I'm focusing all my resources on finishing this book.

Another motivational author Dennis Waitley said, "Goals provide the energy source that powers our lives. One of the best ways we can get the most from the energy we have is to focus it. That is what goals can do for us; concentrate our energy."

Got it. I'm setting a goal of finishing this book. I'm concentrating my energy on that goal.

Lord Chesterfield said, "Whether you are a soccer player, a ventriloquist, or a student of history, you need to focus on the task at hand. There are too many distractions around. But if you are committed and focused, nothing can stop you from succeeding."

Got it. I'm up here without even the distraction of television. I am committed, focused, goal-oriented.

Takeaway Truth

I'm excited. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment