Review: 44 Book Two by Jools Sinclair


I read and reviewed Forty-Four (44), Jools Sinclair's first entry in this series, and, when finished, immediately bought Forty-Four Book Two (44). Unfortunately, it took me a while to find time to read it.

Upon nearing the end, even though I could see the cliffhanger looming on the horizon, I was stuck, figuratively hanging by my fingertips. Of course, that forced me to immediately look for Book 3 which is now available. In fact, you can get Forty-Four Box Set, Books 1 - 3 (44)
which I recommend.

As is my custom when I review ebooks, I give the Kindle Buy Links because I read them on my Kindle. However, I'm certain these books are available at most ebook sellers so look for them on the platforms that match your ebook reading device. (Shop for your own Kindle.)

Storyline

In the first book, the story ended with Abby forced to accept reality and say farewell to someone dear to her. The villain in the book escaped, leaving Abby and her sister fearful of when he might resurface.

Life doesn't stand still. Now out of high school, Abby is trying to adjust to her new life with her limitations and her unusual "gift." Oddly enough, in view of what happened that changed her, she has become a river rafting guide and even has a boy interested in her. But, she can't forget the boy she loved and lost and looks for him everywhere.

When he reappears to warn her of the danger stalking her, she doesn't heed his advice quickly enough.An old evil resurfaces and likable characters, struggling to get on with their lives, now must struggle for existence. 44 Book Two will appeal to you as much as the first one. I dare you to resist buying the next book!

Takeaway Truth

These books are compelling and create a sense of foreboding that keeps you turning the pages.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Joan!
    Thank you SO much for such a fabulous review :)
    Jools

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jools! Thanks for visiting. You are welcome because you earned the good review.

    ReplyDelete