Wacky Weather

I don't know about you, but I'm really tired of the capriciousness of Mother Nature this spring.

In Texas, they always say if you don't like the weather, wait a few minutes, and it will change. That certainly seems true lately. I've started the day in warm fleece to chase away the chill, only to change to tee shirt and shorts in the afternoon.

Then there's the wind. Lately, it seems as if we have our own version of mistral, the bitter wind that nearly blows you away in Provence.

This rapidly-changing weather gets blamed by allergy sufferers and those with upper respiratory ailments that seem to hang on forever. I agree with those sufferers. If the weather would stabilize, those maladies would go away.

Takeaway Truth

Mark Twain said, "In the Spring, I have counted 136 different kinds of weather inside of 24 hours."

He must have been visiting Texas at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment