I Am Strong; I Am Invincible

Remember the Helen Reddy song, I Am Woman?

She sang about being strong, being invincible, and she shouted triumphantly, "I am woman."

I must tell you that song reverberated in my brain as I strode out to the garage and took a seat on the riding lawn mower.

I'll admit that my heartbeat sped up and I felt a little anxious, but the lawn needed mowing. I told myself I could do it even though my hubby usually started the monster mower and let me climb on to take a few turns around our acres. You see, I'm here but darling hubby is in Tulsa on a biz trip. Grass won't wait. A week without mowing, and the grass gets so tall the coyotes can hide in it.

You Can Do This

So I talked myself through the instructions. Make sure the brake is on, the blade is up, and the gear is in neutral. Slide the choke up to the top. Turn the key and don't cringe when it starts with one heck of a noise.

Slide the speed up to 2 and engage the gear. Move the choke to the middle. Let off the brake. Slowly move out of the garage and onto the grass. Brake. Lower the blade. Release the brake.

Tim Allen said, "My mom said the only reason men are alive is for lawn care and vehicle maintenance."

I don't know much about vehicle maintenance, but, guess what Tool Man? I can mow the lawn -- maybe not as neatly as hubby, but I got the job done. I must confess that I felt pretty invincible bouncing around on that riding lawn mower.

Takeaway Truth

Yep, I am strong. I am invincible. I am a mow-w-w-w-w-w-er!

No comments:

Post a Comment