Get Free Images Legally

Most of the major stock photography sites that I use offer a free image each week. It costs nothing to register as a user at these sites and sign up for the email that alerts you to a free image to download.

Here are 3 of my favorite microstock photography sites that you might want to visit to set up an account:

StockExchange

Free images can be obtained at StockExchange just about any time, and they're not limited to once a week. I use them a lot and have corresponded with many of their photographers. Just make sure you check the requirements that accompany each image because some photographers require you to notify them if you use their image. That's a small price to pay for a quality image.

Dreamstime

iStockPhoto

BigStockPhoto

I use a lot of images for this blog, my book covers, and promotional materials so I'm always shopping for good photographs. In fact, I have a regular membership to BigStockPhoto wherein I can download 5 images per day with no restrictions on size. This is a great bargain.

Takeaway Truth

Free is definitely a good thing.

4 comments:

  1. This is a very helpful post, Joan. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good to know. Free images are getting harder and harder to find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Liz, they are, and prices keep going up for good images.

      Delete