Joy of Reading

I've had a quiet weekend. The weather was very cool compared to recent weeks, and the wind was straight out of the north. That made snuggling on the couch with a book the perfect way to spend a lazy weekend.

What perfect weather to read. While hubby caught up on DVRd programs and sporting events, I read a new book by Caroline Clemmons -- western historical romance -- and a well-plotted mystery by Jacqueline Seewald. I'll be reviewing both in a few days.

Naturally, today's bit of wisdom is about the joy of reading.

W. Somerset Maugham said: "To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge from almost all the miseries of life."

Takeaway Truth

I love reading. I completely agree with Groucho Marx: "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." *LOL* Have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment