Pulled In Different Directions?

Do you feel that you're pulled in a dozen different directions? I do. Of course, I think I spent the last 12 months in the Land of Overwhelm, but that's mostly over. Mostly.

Maybe all you lovely readers live an organized and orderly life wherein you have to deal with only one thing at a time. Me? I'm working as fast as I can in order to get a couple of books published before the next catastrophe comes down the pike.

Seems there's constantly an emergency on the horizon. How do you accomplish anything amidst constant interruptions -- large and small.

The acerbic Dorothy Parker put it perfectly one day when she was constantly being interrupted while trying to write. "What fresh hell can this be?"


In case you're looking for advice, here are a few suggestions.

1. Breathe. Everytime you find yourself ready to blow a gasket, just take a deep breath and let it out slowly.

2. Say very calmly, "This too shall pass."

3. Take another breath.

4. Say, "I have all the time I need to do all the things I want."

Takeaway Truth

If you do this often enough, you may find yourself believing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment