Meet Award-Winning Author Kathryn Jane

Please welcome Award-winning Author Kathryn Jane to SlingWords.

About Kathryn Jane

Kathryn loves the ocean, cats, horses, hot heroes, a good mystery, a good belly laugh, all kinds of music, the great outdoors, soft sheets, the color turquoise, dolphins, crispy mornings and brilliant sunsets. "And books," she says. "I devour books."

Find Kathryn Jane Online

Website: http://kathrynjane.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/kathryn.jane.921
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Author_Kat_Jane

Kathryn Jane Tackles the Dirty Dozen

1. In which genre do you write and why that particular genre?

Romantic Suspense/paranormal – because I love a good love story and a mystery I can sink my teeth into, I think Extra-sensory perception makes perfect sense, and I believe in happy endings.

2. What's your most recent book and what's it about?

Daring to Love is about a woman who uses nifty empathetic abilities to find missing children, a man who’s able to extract information from women’s minds if he gets them in the right mood, and a mysterious child who’s disappeared. Did I mention the woman had kicked the man to the curb and didn’t want to play his games anymore? Oh yes, it’s a happy ending, but, boy howdy, it’s a complicated journey.

3. As an author, what can readers expect when they read one of your books?

Strong women with soft centers, a good story, interesting twists and turns, surprises, an animal or two, and a happy ending. My Intrepid Women Series, is about kickass women and the men who dare to love them.

4. How did you "become" an author? For instance, was there a moment when you said: "I think I'll write a book."

I always knew I’d write a book. It was just a matter of taking the time and getting it done. Once I had, and I’d experienced the thrill, I was addicted, and many more books were born.

5. What's the best thing about being an author?

Spending my days with imaginary friends I adore… in what would pass for pajamas.

6. What's the worst thing about being an author?

Getting out of the chair after long hours at the keyboard and having my bones and muscles creaking and cracking.

7. Do you have editions of your books available other than ebook editions?

Yep, all my books are available in print.

8. Do you listen to audio books? If so, what device do you use?

Occasionally, when I’m with a friend of mine, we listen to her books on her iPhone.

9. What device do you use to read ebooks?

A Kindle and a Kobo (I’m Canadian).

10. If you could give one piece of advice to an aspiring author, what would it be?

Put your butt in the chair and your fingers on the keyboard and write. Even if it’s drivel. It takes time and practice just like anything else if you want to get good at it.

11. If you could tell readers one thing, what would it be?

I love you! And there is no sweeter moment than getting an email or Facebook message or review from someone who likes my books!

12. What is your big dream (or goal) as a writer?

The New York Times best seller list.

Buy Daring to Love

A woman who reads hearts… A man who reads minds… And a voice from the darkness forcing them together... again.

Kindle Edition

Print Edition from Amazon

Kobo Edition

Takeaway Truth

Have you read Kathryn Jane before? If not, now is your chance. Grab a book today.

2 comments:

  1. Blinking as I come out of the writing cave. I'd forgotten about todays blog. Thanks bunches for having me as your guest today Joan!

    ReplyDelete