Meet Science Fiction Romance Author Veronica Scott

I'm happy to welcome Science Fiction/Paranormal Romance author Veronica Scott to SlingWords.

About Veronica Scott

Veronica grew up in a house with a library as its heart. Dad loved science fiction, Mom loved ancient history and Veronica thought there needed to be more romance in everything. When she ran out of books to read, she started writing her own stories. She is a National Excellence in Romance Fiction Award winner and a two-time recipient of the Science Fiction Romance Galaxy Award. She also has a NASA Exceptional Service Medal but must hasten to add the honor was not for her romantic fiction.

Find Veronica Scott Online

Blog: http://veronicascott.wordpress.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Veronica-Scott/177217415659637?ref=hl
Twitter: https://twitter.com/vscotttheauthor
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5428500.Veronica_Scott

Veronica Scott Tackles the Dirty Dozen

1. In which genre do you write and why that particular genre?

I write science fiction romances and also a paranormal romance series set in ancient Egypt. Since we’re talking about the science fiction today, I enjoy the idea that the stories can take place literally anywhere in the universe and nothing is off the table or too far out to include. There can be aliens, cyborgs, robots, spaceships, time travel – all kinds of exciting story elements.

2. What's your most recent book and what's it about?

My most recent novel is Mission to Mahjundar.

A Special Forces soldier of the future and a blind princess from an alien planet must work together to accomplish his mission and get safely off the planet against all odds -- including falling in love!

3. As an author, what can readers expect when they read one of your books?

Lots of adventure, a futuristic setting, a Special Forces hero, and a strong heroine who takes an equal part in the danger, the action and the problem-solving. Of course there’s a growing attraction between them as the situation unfolds and they begin to know each other’s capabilities, and there will be a Happily Ever After ending because I’m writing romance. And I personally love an HEA when I’m reading!

4. How did you "become" an author? For instance, was there a moment when you said: "I think I'll write a book."

I’ve always written, completing my first “novel” at the age of seven. Just born with a vivid imagination, I guess. But it wasn’t until both of my daughters were grown and had moved out on their own that I really began to write seriously, with an eye to being published. Prior to that, I took pleasure in writing the stories down for myself, but I wasn’t going through any editing process or submitting to publishers. There were no deadlines!

5. What's the best thing about being an author?

I take pleasure in sharing my stories and I love hearing from readers that they’ve enjoyed one of my books, or really related to one of my characters. Entertaining people as a storyteller, taking them into a completely different world for the span of time they’re reading my novel, is the best thing I can imagine.

6. What's the worst thing about being an author?

It’s hard for me to think of a negative, because I love writing. Probably the biggest challenge I face is too many story ideas and never enough time. I can only write so fast. I love being on social media, blogging and tweeting, and I write the SciFi Encounters column for USA Today Happily Ever After blog. I have to watch out that I don’t give all my time to these various fun pursuits that relate to my writing but which aren’t actually getting new words down on the pages of a Work In Progress.

7. Do you have editions of your books available other than ebook editions?

My science fiction romances are available as ebooks and POD paperbacks. I also have audiobooks of Escape From Zulaire and Wreck of the Nebula Dream, which were narrated for me by wonderful voice actors. We’ll be doing the audiobook of this latest novel early next year.

8. Do you listen to audio books? If so, what device do you use?

I listen to them occasionally, usually on my laptop.

9. What device do you use to read ebooks?

I have a Kindle Fire.

10. If you could give one piece of advice to an aspiring author, what would it be?

Write every day! No excuses. Setting aside the time to add even 100 new words a day will get you to a completed book faster than if you don’t write at all. Get those words on the page and go back and revise/edit later. But if you don’t write, there’ll be nothing to edit.

11. If you could tell readers one thing, what would it be?

Thank you for all the support and the kind words. I do get requests from readers for sequels to certain books, which is always such a high compliment in my mind. I’m mulling ideas over, I promise.

12. What is your big dream (or goal) as a writer?

I’d love to be able to write full time, of course. And who doesn’t want to see their books hitting the big best seller lists? I’d like to be one of those authors where people talk about your characters and can’t wait for the next book to come out. Of course my ultimate dream would be to have a movie made from one of my stories but while I’m waiting for Hollywood to call, I think I’ll just keep writing.

Buy Mission to Mahjundar

All Romance eBooks

Amazon Kindle

iTunes

Kobo

Nook

Takeaway Truth

Have you tried the Science Fiction Romance genre? If not, why not give it a try with a book by award-winning author Veronica Scott.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having me as your guest today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Veronica! You're more than welcome. I'm happy to have you on SlingWords.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your have big dreams, Veronica. I hope they come true for you!

    ReplyDelete