Time Flows Far Too Swiftly

I find it almost impossible to believe that today is the last day of November. Eleven months have flown by, and we're beginning the last month of 2014 tomorrow.

This makes me feel a bit sad because I haven't enjoyed old 2014 as much as I'd liked. All in all it's been a difficult year, but I find time flows faster than ever as I get older.

Do you ever feel like holding up your hand like a traffic cop and shouting, "Just stop for a minute!" Chaucer said: "Time and tide wait for no man."

We are only allotted 24 hours a day. Some days that seems too little, but some days the 24 hours seem to drag at an agonizingly slow pace. Carl Sandburg wrote: "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you."

Unfortunately, most of us find our coin of life being spent by others far too often.

Takeaway Truth

No matter how wealthy one may be, no one can purchase even a minute more time than the poorest of us possess. Spend every minute carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment