Happy National Popcorn Day & Many More

I was going to write a blog about the things I've seen on this gray, cold day in the country, but my darling hubby made popcorn.

Earlier I'd seen on the Internet that today is National Popcorn Day.

Historical Tidbit

This addictive snack rose to popularity in the United States in the middle 1800s. Charles Cretors, a candy-store owner, was the one who brought it to the masses when he made a machine that popped corn with steam.

By 1900 he had horse-drawn popcorn wagons traveling the streets of Chicago. I imagine the smell lured customers to the wagons. I know the smell of popcorn is calling me now. I'm shutting down for the day and going to watch a DVD with my hubby.

What Some of My Favorite People Say About Popcorn

"I am a big popcorn fanatic. I love popcorn. In fact one year for my birthday, my husband bought me one of those big popcorn machines like they have in movie theaters." ~Debbie Macomber, Author

"Humans love sex, we need sex, it's how we connect, it reminds us we're alive, it's the third most basic human need, after food and good movie popcorn." ~Billy Crystal

"Others may prefer mindless entertainment, but on Sunday nights, you'll find me parked right in front of my television, munching popcorn and improving my intellect by watching Masterpiece Classic." ~Teresa Medeiros

"I love to go to a movie, get a Diet Coke and a barrel of popcorn, and sit there with my kids and watch a film." ~William Shatner

"I really wanted the MTV Award the most, It was a golden popcorn container and it looks really neat." ~Kirsten Dunst

Takeaway Truth

Have a little fun this evening and have some popcorn while you're at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment