Father's Day Essay Contest

CONTEST FOR WRITERS
Back in March, I posted about an essay contest for Mother's Day. Erika Lawson of Shame Kills was kind enough to update me on the contest.

To refresh your memory, Shame Kills is an organization dedicated to reducing the stigma associated with addiction in communities nationwide.

They say: "Shame Kills loves the addict but hates the disease. The more we talk about addiction and bring it out of the shadows, the better chance we have of saving those who suffer."

Erika thanked me and all the bloggers who called attention to their 2017 “My Mother, My Hero” Mother’s Day Essay Contest.

She said: "We didn’t know what kind of response to expect with our competition, but we were totally blown away. Not only did we get some amazing essays, but we had an incredible number of submissions, and part of that has to come from visibility on sites like yours; we can’t thank you enough for sharing our contest information."

To see the winners of their Mother’s Day Essay Contest, and read their essays, click here.

When I Think of My Dad

Their Mother's Day contest was so successful--140 entries--that they've decided to do a Father's Day Contest.

In 250 words or less, use the starting phrase “When I think of my dad,” and say what your father means to you and how he has made your life better. What has he done to lift you up and keep you on the right track? How has he influenced you? How has he helped you stay on the path towards healing?

Visit the Father's Day Contest Page.

Takeaway Truth

If this contest appeals to you, flex your writing muscles and make a submission.

No comments:

Post a Comment