Focus: What Can You Do Today

One of my favorite quotes is from Thomas Carlyle.

He said: "Our main business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what lies clearly at hand."

So many people dream about what they want to do "some day" or worry about what may happen in the future.

Forget all that. Think about today. What can you do today?

If you have a goal, what can you do today to achieve that goal? Figure that out and then take action. The failure to take action leads to the failure to achieve a goal.

Do something every day. Take action every day. More importantly, take action on the most important goal or task at hand. I did this by writing a chapter of my new book. That's why this blog post is late. I love writing my blog, but writing my book has a higher priority.

Takeaway Truth

Do what lies clearly at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment